Unsubscribe link showing at top of emails....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ultimatedesigner, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ultimatedesigner

ultimatedesigner New Member

I am wanting to start sending emails with embedded images, etc. and the code I'm using is working fine, except the automatic Unsubscribe wording and link that aMember adds is now showing at the very top of my emails, rather than as a footer. My unsubscribe_link.inc file has not changed.

I have emailed aMember about this and they suggested using <body> & </body> but it makes no difference. I am using v3.2.3 and am in the process of upgrading to v4, but I've tried it in there already and have the same problem.

So my question is: has anyone else run into this and, if so, how did you rectify it? I would like just to add the Unsubscribe footer manually to my emails, but I don't know what the HTML code is for that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tyler
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Tyler,
    Can you copy exact html code from message which you receive(message which shows unsubscribe link at the top)?
  3. ultimatedesigner

Here it is:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Demystifying Email Design</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600">

<tr>

STUFF

</tr>
    </body>
    </html>

The <body> tags were added and I moved the </html> to the end of the code per aMember's suggestion (been exchanging emails) but it makes no difference. See attached snip. Capture.JPG
  4. ultimatedesigner

Anything? Can you at least provide me the code to use so I can add the unsubscribe manually?
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What you have posted doesn't contain anything that would render the link.

Can you post all of the code?
  6. ultimatedesigner

The Unsubscribe message/link is added automatically by aMember; I don't add it at all (but would like to if I knew how).

If I just type an email with some simple embedded HTML (like <strong>, <u>, etc.) but without all of the border and padding stuff I posted above, the Unsubscribe shows at the bottom of the email like it should.

But when I create an email with that header, borders, etc. (like the one above), it puts that link at the TOP of the email. I've tried removing the header, adding <body> tags, etc. but it doesn't change.

I can post all of my code if you really think it's needed. But as I've stated, at this point I would rather just post it manually in my email and be done with it. I am having a hard time believing that aMember can't give me the specific code to use.
  7. ultimatedesigner

Bah.....I got it. I needed a (stupid) close table (</table>) at the end. All is right in the world again. :)

Thanks to those who responded.