Unlocking a Locked out user due to IP address exceeding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mhalper2000, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place, but I am trying to use the IP address limit setting to prevent account sharing. The feature is working well but when I have a user that exceeds it and gets locked out, is there a way to clear out their history to get them back into the system.

When this happens, I am modifying the settings on the restriction in the configuration page to allow them access again but there has to be a better way to get them back in without changing the configuration.

Thanks for any help!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

In latest version you can temporary disable this auto-locking (24 hrs) for particular user.
    You can do it in user account in admin interface.

Best Regards.
  3. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

OK, so if a user exceeds the limit (probably by sharing account) they get locked out. I then get them to buy another subscription or they stop sharing so I want to open their account back up with clean standing. Removing for temporarily for 24 hours does not solve that.

I would be glad to upgrade if the functionality is there in the new version.

As I understand the current design, once the user is flagged and locked out, there is no way to reset their account and let the back in? Only way that I can see to do that is to turn off or change the settings for all users.

Thank you for any help.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

It is not necessary at all to change global settings. You can disable auto-locking for this particular user for 24 hrs. After 24 hrs his current access history does not matter since in most cases you set up account sharing prevention rules based on number of different IPs within recent several hours.