Unique Registration Link

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by csmediainc, Sep 18, 2010.

1. csmediainc

csmediainc New Member

I am developing an extremely private membership site. I would like it to be that there is no registration link on the website and the only way to register with us is to receive a unique registration link from us.

That way we could give the link an expiration date and prevent link sharing. Is this possible with amember? maybe through a plugin of some sort?

Thanks,
    Marty
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Marty,
    I believe the easier way to do that is to use coupon codes.
    You generate number of coupon codes - all good for one usage only, it may give for example $1 or $0.01 discount of payment price.

Then we can make a little customization (for some nominal fee) - that the coupon code is required for every signup.

To simplify process for customers you can give them signup links in the following form:
    http://www.yoursite.com/amember/signup.php?coupon=X24543
    that the coupon code will be pre-filled.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I would suggest the coupon code too- just create a product at $100k, then give a coupon for 100%.

David
  4. csmediainc

csmediainc New Member

Thanks for the great suggestions guys

This sounds like a great place to start, I would just need to know what the "nominal fee" would be to code this part?

I would also like to take the time to say that I really appreciate the very quick and efficient customer support you guys have here at Amember. It really makes me feel good about becoming apart of the Amember community.

Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Sincerely a Happy Customer :)
    Marty
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member