Trying to Install Amember... Confused

Discussion in 'Installation' started by sscottyy, May 14, 2014.

1. sscottyy

sscottyy New Member

So I use Wordpress, and I'm trying to install this plugin.
    I continue to receive the error below. I do not use Cpanel
    or other generic hosting platforms, I just use Wordpress directly
    Ex: DomainName.Com/Wp-Admin
    So how the hell am I supposed to upload this? Your support videos
    lack and I can't find anything about how to upload this. Not sure what
    I'm doing wrong, I'm computer literate and never have issues installing
    a plugin................
    Unpacking the packageā€¦
    Installing the pluginā€¦
    The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
    Plugin install failed.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    aMember is not a wordpress plugin. It is a standalone script which can be integrated with wordpress and has a plugin for wordpress.
    In order to install amember you should use ftp and upload aMember files to your server by ftp. Files should be uploaded into separate folder for example /members/ . You can't install aMember PRO from wordpress dashboard because as I said aMember is not a wordpress plugin. Btw, how did you install wordpress in first place?
  3. sscottyy

sscottyy New Member

When you buy Managed Wordpress from GoDaddy, (I got the PRO) when you login with your user name/pw at Gateway.Godaddy.com
    You then have access to all of the domains your limited too depending on which plan you bought..
    Then you can click Manage to said domain, and then are in the Wordpress Admin Interface (domainname.com/wp-admin)
    Then I can manually install themes, plugins, etc by uploading in a .zip format..
    I'm sure this can work with this as I do have a FTP address with a port and stuff
    in some settings options I have, but I myself have no idea how to access any of the actual
    folders as I don't have an option to see the database unless I connected via Filezilla maybe?
    Either way I got the reply that you successfully installed aMember into my server, but now on
    my admin page I see nothing there indicating that it is there, so I'm going to try reading some more
    stuff from here and see if there's something further I need to now do. Thanks for getting that installed
    for me, hopefully I can figure it out from here.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Might be better to get a conventional hosting package in place so set-up and other functionality would be more easily accomplished.