Trouble using "Login as user" in xenforo

Discussion in 'Integration' started by mdarras, Dec 12, 2015.

1. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Hey guys.

When I am logged in as an admin in amember, and go to one of my user accounts... when I click the "Login as user" link, and then click on the forum link, it doesn't log me into the forum. I just get the forum page, but with the login button.

Am I doing something wrong or ?
  2. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Just a quick follow up. I've been going through everything I can think of to try and discover why it is giving this issue.

The user has tried to log in himself. He logs into amember no problem, but when he is forwarded to the forum it does not log him in. It just shows him as guest.

I double/triple checked all the instructions for xenforo integration. I do notice that the code amember says to delete from PAGE_CONTAINER has changed in the current version of xenforo. The code in xenforo now says:

Code:
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id} && !{$hideLoginBar}" >
            <xen:include template="login_bar" />
        </xen:if>
    I should mention that this seems to only be happening with users that I set up manually in amember. The account I have as a test where I went through the pay funnel, that one logs in with no issues.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Did you add necessary access to this manually created user? This user should have access to products that allow access to xenforo. Please check your settings at aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Integrations
  4. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Hi @caesar - yes access was granted for each user. They (at the time) could get to the forum no problem, but it wouldn't log them in is just showed the forum without them being logged in.

I have an update to this. The next day, one user was able to clear cookies and everything worked fine for him. The other just tried again, and it started to work.

So, we created them manually, assigned access, and set them all up and provided them with their user name/password the first day.

They tried to log in for the first time, they're able to log in on the amember sign in, then they are forwarded to the forum, but the forum does not log them in. And no matter how they tried, it would not log them in, til the next day when they tried again (one having to clear cookies).

Neither had been to the site prior to this.

We're all ready to launch but this one issue has us stalled right now. Can I set you up as a user, and send you some log in info to see if it works on your end?
  5. mdarras

mdarras New Member

I did just set up another test user, and they worked the first time for the person. So it seems to be something intermittent that I can't figure out why. I know xenforo has an issue sometimes with www or non www - but we have been sending the links without www.