Trial

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by blue_vision, Dec 26, 2011.

1. blue_vision

blue_vision Member

Is there a way to set the trial period to do '72 hours' or something when it is set to 3 days? As it stands it seems to charge everybody at around 4am regardless of when they started the trial so that they usually only get 48 hours or so?

Am I doing something wrong or how can I control this?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What payment system do you use?
    This is impossible to configure amember to use hours instead of days for expiration also depends on payment system that you use, aMember is not able to control when subscription will be rebilled. Most of payment systems decide when to rebill user.
  3. blue_vision

blue_vision Member

Paypal standard payment system.

Ok, so... say a user signs up for our 3 day trial (recurring monthly payments when that time is up). They sign up at 11pm on January 3rd. Then paypal auto charges the morning of the end date which is January 6th at 4am. Then this only gives the member 2 days and 5 hours of a "3 day" trial. Most users are ok with that but yet they are always waiting till day 3 to cancel their membership and find out that they were already charged. Most don't want to cancel early because they think that it will cancel their membership effective immediately even though we know they get the remaining time owed to them.

If the system is going to behave this way I'd rather it give them 4 days on a 3 day trial but I'm not sure there is a way to do this as the wording is pre-written somewhat. I'll have to look into it but is this the way the system should be behaving and have any others had this same issue?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

yes this is the way it is working currently.