Trial Version work with Wordpress 2.5

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by miron221, May 7, 2008.

1. miron221

miron221 New Member

Hi,

Wanted to try amember with Wordpress 2.5 (actually semiologic 5.5). Does the included plug in work with 2.5? I says "tested with 2.0.3".

Thanks,

Alfredo
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I dont think they have updated the trial versions plugin yet.
    With the paid-pro version, I have tested it on wordpress 2.5.1 and it does integrate - not sure of the differences between semiologics version.

David
    -my wordpress demo is running on trial so is not using 2.5
  3. miron221

miron221 New Member

Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

Any chance the trial will be updated?
  4. hannu6

hannu6 New Member

I'm also interested in this.

I got my site up and running, behind .htaccess protection, waiting until I get a membership thingies to work.

I simply try to limit the access for only paying members. Anyone can see some pages but only those who pay for membership can log in, vote, comment and read all the posts.

After installing the trial version of aMember it doesn't seem to work with WordPress 2.5. I'm not sure if I got everything installed correctly, but I suppose so.

Rebuilding User Db doesn't find any users and the site seems "unaffected" by aMembers presence.

I feel uncertain of paying for the software before I know if it works, is it possible to get some sort of updated WordPress plugin for the trial version?
    All the options and possibilities aMember offers seem great, I just need to get it work first :b

(edit: I could use other CMS than WordPress. I chose it because I'm familiar with it. If there is other really simple ones, please suggest :)