Transferred my site from one host to another - lots of stuff breaks

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by datehottergirls, Apr 3, 2013.

1. datehottergirls

datehottergirls New Member

Hey guys, not sure if this should go in troubleshooting or installation, but here goes:

Long story short, I have a wordpress site with amember integrated into it, and I was switching it between hosts.
    I copied the files and the amember database onto the new server, however, there are some problems, namely:

1. There are issues logging in and out - every time I try to do that I get a generic error message that says:
    An Error has occured

The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

2. All of the pages in the amember directory did not retain their style - I had them looking like the rest of my wordpress page, but now they are back to the generic theme.

I suspect that somewhere there is a saved setting with the absolute path to the amember directory. Can someone point me in the right direction? Have other experienced this before?

Thanks in advance
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. I believe that is permissions issue. Check aMember CP -> Logs -> Error log, there should be error description.
    2. You have to update wordpress installation path in wordpress plugin configuration: aMember CP -> Setup -> Wordpress