Tracking Sales By "vendor"

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by gswaim, Jul 2, 2003.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am setting up a website that will offer online automotive training. The classes will be supplied from a number of different trainers. I will pay the trainers a commission when their class gets bought on my site.

I need to be able to track the sales by the original author to pay commission. I know I can print off a sales report and manually figure this out on a monthly basis.

What I had in mind is an automated system (similar to an affiliate program) that would:

1. Track the sales by vendor.
    2. Notify the vendor via e-mail when one of his classes was sold.
    3. Allow the vendors to log in and check up on the sales of his classes.

Is there any way to use exsisting features of aMember to do this....

If not, is this a project that is doable as custom programming?

Thank you in advance for the help!
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

1. I guess you have to create seperate product for each vendor, then you can track their sales.
    2. It is possible - can be done as free customization.
    3. It is very hard to implement, it would be easier to send email to vendor.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Thanx for the quick response, Alex!

Yes, I will set up seperate subscriptions (access to browser delivered training material) for each trainer. Some trainers may even have more than one subscription on the site.

I will compensate each trainer with a portion of their sales from my site. At the end of the month I will simply print off a list of all subscription sales and based on the course name calculate commissions due to each trainer.

To make this a little easier it would be nice to have a "Vender" field for each product. Then have a report output that would let you list sales by a specific vender by a date range. This report could be sent along with a commission check to make the whole thing look more "official".

Another way to instill trust in the vendors (that they would get paid for all sales) would be to send them an email when their course is subscribed to.

I will be buying software in about 30 days and looks like aMember is the one. I have spent countless hours looking, reviewing, researching, etc. I like the fact that the develooper is actively involved in feedback to the current and prospective customers.
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

This customization can be done and it won't be expensive and won't take lot of time. I just sent you quotation with private message.