Tracking Opens and Clicks with aMember's Email Users Feature

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by alleycorp, Feb 4, 2016.

1. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

We use aMember's "Email Users" functionality to send updates and subscription fulfillment to our paid subscribers: a lot actually.

The question has come up several times about tracking opens and clicks on those emails and even being able to identify users based on open and click activity. aMember does not appear to have any built-in functionality for reporting on that. At least not in our current installed version. We're using 4.3.6 (planning to upgrade in summer during our slower period).

Does anyone know if there's open and click tracking/reporting in one of the later releases, or plans for it, or if there's a plugin for it?

Thanks.
  2. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

I take it that since nearly 50 people have read this and no one has responded that the answer to the question is "no" and we should look into custom development.
  3. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

4. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

I let aMember send everything to MailChimp then craft my emails and send from there. They to a great job of tracking the emails I send and I do not run the risk of having my domain black listed by an over aggressive spam sentinel. Their reports and easy to read and available instantly. Hope that helps.
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Yes ... whichever service you use it is pretty much a requisite that you send emails via one of them otherwise a great swag of what you think is being delivered is being silently munged.
  6. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

Thanks to both of you. We'll take a look at both services for evaluation.
  7. kenmoody

kenmoody New Member

How do you configure aMember to send through MailChimp?

Thanks!

KM
  8. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Does MailChimp do transactional mail?

Go to SendGrid you can start with a free account, ask support for the SendGrid3 plugin and away you go for standard mail, it will also send newsletters.