Todo List

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by aantix, Sep 4, 2003.

1. aantix

aantix New Member

2. pilot

pilot New Member

Its Good to look around, but read this before you make a decision

http://www.cgi-central.net/forum/index.php...l=dream+account

and I'll second it ! Ive been there.

I'll leave Alex to answer you Questions on affiliates etc

Re - ion cube
    see
    http://www.ioncube.com/
    Encoded files can run with no changes to server software

You can make all the modifications you like with Amemberpro as the files are not encoded, but in php.
  3. aantix

aantix New Member

Pilot -

Thank you so much for your insight. Just a few days ago, after visiting both DreamCost and aMember's sites, I was considering taking the dive with DreamAccount (mostly because of the affiliate functionality). I am a programmer by trade and figured any minor bugs I could work out on my own.

But then I read your postings, and few others at WebHostingTalk, and have revered my decision. Especially if they are making claims on functionality that doesn't exist; I don't need that headache.

Thanks again.
  4. pilot

pilot New Member

I personally would not buy any software after that 'nightmare' experience that did'nt offer an open forum.

You should be able to see all the posts, especially of people who have purchased the software before you.

I have'nt found one 'bug' yet in Amemberpro, and I have been running it for three months now, and very happy. :D
  5. aantix

aantix New Member

Just out of curiousity, who are you using as your payment processor?

Along side the issue of obtaining a membership backend (aMember vs DreamAccount), the payment processor is priority #2 on my list.

Are you using any of the forum integration modules?
  6. pilot

pilot New Member

I really have'nt got my salesmans cap on.. its just so nice when things work well.
    I am using three of the forum integration modules.

I am using WorldPay as a payment processor, as I am UK based and WorldPay is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland. I am also using Nochex, and Pay by check ( offline processing)

To make WorldPay work in AmemberPro you just initiate the plug in with your account details and 'Viola' it worked perfectly 1 st time. Same with Nochex . same with Offline processing

So I thought I would catch them out with FuturePay, that is the recurring billing from WorldPay. Nope they thought of that too, just tick the recurring billing with worldPay and put in your Futurepay account details and blow me that worked a treat too.

I have pay by check on a three monthly subscription, and worldPay on a monthly and three monthly subscription.

I have also a subscription for new members for a month at a reduced rate then after that a full rate. Members can use this once only. It is very versatile
    The reminder (email) that a subscription is about to run out works well with external Cron. This can be set to XX many days before the subscription runs out.
  7. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

We will add "Product Dependancy" to next version, it is not a problem.
    Trial subscriptions working for a few payment processors, but by your request we can add it to any payment plugin.
    We are working on affilaite support, it will be more featured than DreamCost have, but we cannot shedule exact date
    when it will be completed.

About ionCube - as it is not listed in requirements, it is our problem to make it working. In 99% cases it will work
    without any additional steps.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

If you have affiliate support that would be icing on the cake. I would request that you have a 1 or 2 tier system if that is possible.

BTW, I had dream account and the affiliate feature didn't work anyway, and I haven't heard of anyone who got it to work either.

Dennis