Ticket Answer Time Too Long For This Customer

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jtb010, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jtb010

jtb010 New Member

Good day amember:
    I'm a new customer (paid for domain). I've had a ticket in queue since before the United States site opened today. I believe my questions are clear and straight forward. Benefit of a reply would be appreciated, as that will allow me to work for the weekend. At this point as a paid customer I'm not too happy. So much for "most questions are answered in a few hours."

Edited by Barnett.

My ticket was answered today approximately 22 hours after submission. Answer was correct and complete. As noted in my last post I would really like an option of paid for priority support. Saving time saves me money, and I'm willling to pay.

J.T. Barnett
    Ticket IRV-82538-363
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Many on here have had answers with a hour of posting problem, I have on several occasions!

How long ago did you submit ticket? They guarantee response within 24 hours, excluding weekends.

Rather then try to just make snide comments, when presumably thay have yet to fail this guarantee, that you post the actual questions here as there are many on this forum that have an excellent working knowledge of aMember and who may well be able to help you continue your work over the weekend.
  3. jtb010

jtb010 New Member

Posted 7 hours ago

Now....there was not a snide word in my post. I'm a paid for customer. I've read their policy, and while I was not happy with it I did expect a response inside of a full business day. Does 24 hours imply that they can take 3 full business days to decide to answer the question of a paying customer?

This is not a forum supporting a free product. I've paid my money, I have quesitons, and I need a response. I'm posting here so that others who may be making a pre-sales decision this weekend will understand the poor service I've experienced. Should that situation change I'll update my post until then, I'm an unsupported customer.

Can't recommend amember at this point.

J.T. Barnett
  4. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

J.T.

The 24 hours reflects the fact that the developers/support team are in a different part of the world, and their working hours are not likely the same as yours.

Yeah, it can be inconvenient. On the other hand, they do get back within the parameters of their policy.

thehpmc gave you good advice. There are many generous users who frequently answer newbie questions before the official support team can get to them. Try us.
  5. jtb010

jtb010 New Member

So Why Do They Report An Open North American Support Center

Yes...It's clear they are on another part of the planet. Further appears they are not truthful about a North American presence.

Even though that office is reported to be open. Kinda cool. You can claim to supply week day support while only supporting the North American portion of the world on 4 days.

I know I'm harsh. I'm a customer. I provide better for mine than I'm receiving here.

Buyers beware. This is what you can expect!

J.T. Barnett
    Ticket IRV-82538-363 unanswered after 8 business hours.
  6. jtb010

jtb010 New Member

North America Now Closed

North American Office which had not opened when I posted my question did not respond during a full business day.

It's now clear that the office open indicator is simply a piece of code which can read a clock.

I fell like such an idiot for trusting amember with my business!:mad:

J.T. Barnett
    Ticket IRV-82538-363 no response after a full North American business day.
  7. kcarey

kcarey Member

I have been with aMember just shy of a year. I have submitted several tickets to aMember support and have received prompt replies. Personally, I have found their support superior to other companies I have dealt with in the past.

Perhaps they would be willing to give your money back to you.... You'll be hard pressed to find a robust membership system anywhere else for $180. I spent a significant amount of time looking elsewhere before selecting aMember.

K. Carey
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

jtb010,
    Your ticket was answered within guaranteed response period(24 hours as mentioned in support page: http://www.amember.com/support/).

First message in your ticket:
    Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:54:58 -0500

My reply:
    Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:07:54 -0500

We are on the different part of the world and we have holidays from January 1 to 10 so there can be delays with support on these days, we try to answer urgent requests first.
  9. jtb010

jtb010 New Member

Thank you

Am pleased to report I did receive a complete response to my question within 24 hours of posting.

I beleive I've found the best solution for my requirements.

As as suggestion I would have paid for phone support or ticket prioritization. Saving time saves me money, and I'm willing to pay for priority support.

I hope that becomes an option in the future.

Regards;
    jtb
  10. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Maybe, just maybe, you would agree it would have been better to wait the 24hours and and see if support failed with their response BEFORE jumping in shouting and decrying the aMember support team claiming had failed.

Now you have to eat humble pie and admit no failures were involved!!
  11. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Another consideration is to make use of the forums here for asking assistance. Many of us (as you can see from the response of this thread) are willing to pitch in and help as we all run amember sites.

As many of us are in different time zones we are able to help much faster than a centralized support team would.