The price is now way to high!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Unregistered, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbskinz

vbskinz New Member

As I said before the support alone is worth the price. Trust me on that. Alex is probably sick of me but yet he always still helps ;)
  2. partang2

partang2 Guest

One thing is for sure: This place is NOT very serious! Calling peoples idiots just because they have another opinion than you..!!?? Closing this place for non customers? Who or What do you think you are?
  3. pilot

pilot New Member

This is an example of Idiot comments:

There is a lot of support for Alex and cgi-central because we get fantastic support in the first place as customers. Unfortunately there are a few that take advantage of the open forum to make idiot comments as above.

Alex has stated:
    There are people who like to air there views just because they can be controversial and like an audience ...... To keep these Forums Serious, the first suggestion was to only allow registered posts. I hope that will be enough because cgi-central are the only organisation that I can find, that allow potential customers to view all posts from live customers. For all to see.

They write superb software, give superb support, are totally honest and offer extremely good value for money.

Happy Amemberpro user :p
  4. Scooby

Scooby Guest

Free amember user here, fully intending to buy the pro version.I'm another one who noted the price was $99 only to find it increased to $140 when I came back.
    Am I mad or upset about that, you can bet your life I'm NOT, all it means is it will take me a bit longer to save the extra up.
    In my opinion this program is well worth it, I can rest easy knowing business is being taken care of, and the unending support speaks for itself.

And you who mentioned Warez and all that crap, take that route if you like thief sites and a nice little virus or two :D
  5. lb6364

lb6364 New Member

hardly!

the price is great for the features it has. the customer support is EXTRAordinary, the program runs perfectly. you can spend over 40.00 worth of your time just looking for something comparable!
    Happy Customer
    LB
  6. Lore

Lore Guest

Let's see $40 extra for making the right choice on a great product that may make you a pile of money on the other end. Sounds cheap to me.

I had purchased a competitors product and after the new EX-6 patch, I am still waiting for a fix. That issiue was addressed here immediately. I say alone that was worth more then the $40 I made the mistake of saving initially.

I hear the same carping on other good products out there. There are plenty of people like me willing to support a better product with their dollars. If you can find a better script for the money... lets hear it?
  7. partang2

partang2 Guest

Strange to see how much you all agree in the raising of the price...
    Must be because you bought it before the raising!
  8. lb6364

lb6364 New Member

not me

I didnt..there goes that theory! ;)
  9. Lore

Lore Guest

Ditto on that! ;)
  10. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I don't understand how it can be discussed here at all . When you order Windows XP, are you discussing price with seller?
    Lets stop this discussion!
  11. Deejay

Deejay Guest

I just had to add here that I have in fact bought four licenses... Alex has helped me live on MSN a few times with support, and this product is second to none. I wouldnt think twice about buying another from this site at the raised price if I needed to in the future.

Anyone who is bitching needs to go somewhere else and deserves what they get for the price they spend.

When it comes to running your website and wanting to make money doing so, why on earth would you cheap out? I don't know about you guys but I aways build my sites with the best software available... 140 bucks? If you don't want to pay that for the BEST membership software out there, then its your loss... Go waste someone elses time.

I also want to say thanks again to Alex, who has provided us with an awesome product, and also for his support when it was needed. Once again, truely second to none.
  12. Alec

Alec Guest

[not to be confused with alex plz]

$140 is expensive when you dont know the product...most companies will not let you use a demo of their software until its too late and you waste your money.

I am a graphic designer not a programmer and I think that what Alex is doing here its noble...letting you use it for free...make a few bucks and pay for the full version...

be thankful he is not giving it away for free and then asking for 10% of sales comission an all transactions by signed contract......hehe

p.s. the reason I am trying this software is because I found in many sites that amember is very good...but above all...it has the best technical support.
    lets see if its true ;)

[not to be confused with alex plz]
  13. Alec

Alec Guest

14. Jraheem

Jraheem Guest

AMember Price

After looking at a bunch of scripts, AMember's price was in the middle. Still a little hesitant, I tried the free version and got hooked. The Pro version was well worth the price and the upgrade. Everything is a lot more slicker, customizable, and looks professional.

They should offer reseller discounts/licenses though so I can resell it to all my clients.

J.
  15. ladypatty

ladypatty Guest

A Member Pro

Hey there Alex... been a while since we chatted through email when you helped me get the free version straightened out.. but now I am not an idiot.. I would love to own the Pro version but currently with some very high medical bills I can't afford it so will just continute on with the free one....... which I love and totally use;.............
    when are you or will you have a special? or won't you? Let me know am interested and got to save my pennys :p Thanks !!!
  16. draconum

draconum Guest

I would have to say that 99 USD was a good price for me (cause i'm in canada and thats like 150 for me) but 140 is still resonable, but if you raise the price to 240 I think you'll lose alot of customers even if it is worth it. just because you would have changed the price. I wouldn't but from sombopdy if they keep changing the price. And the reson why is because say you buy somthing for 200 the next day goes downto say 140. alot of people would go crasy. but thats just my opinion ansd it's not up to me. but I hope you just concider this.

Chris
  17. briancole

briancole Guest

You've got to be kidding.

Alex, I have dealt with the situation of someone saying they "might" buy if price were lower, delivery were fsster, color was sexier, etc.

It's all talk, signifying nothing.

aMember is a rock solid professional tool for business. If $140 is too much for your business then perhaps you should investigate going into a different business.

The tech support has been nothing less than sensational. When we have experienced a problem, Alex not only fixes it right away, the fix appears in the next release. The help we have received from Cgi-Central would cost hundreds of dollars from major software vendors, if you could even get it.

aMember is a terrific product that does everything it claims to do, and product support is wonderful. I highly recommend it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.