The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bgtheory, Dec 12, 2013.

1. bgtheory

bgtheory New Member

Until last night our site has been working fine. I am now receiving the db error when trying to sign up or upgrade memberships, my wp login sync has stopped working, and I am unable to rebuild databases or perform other admin functions.

I have submitted a support ticket but offices are not open for another 12 hours, and this is on our production site so if anyone has any ideas your input is appreciated.

The odd part is, nothing on our production site has been changed. We did some updates to our development site, which is an exact mirror and calls our production databases, but we reverted the changes when we saw the errors on the production site - to no avail. It just seems odd that nothing has changed on production, yet that is the install that is kicking the errors.

Ideas?
  2. bgtheory

bgtheory New Member

Update on this. We had actually ran into a disk partition issue on our server last night causing a crash in our wp db. I repaired the db and some functionality has returned, such as the ability to sign up, submit payment, the wp login sync - but other issues still exist like cannot rebuild databases from amem cpanel, or when I click the submit button on the login page nothing happens (no redirect or confirmation of login) but if you go to any page on the site it shows you are logged in.

If anyone has had this issue before...