The database has encountered a problem, please try again later - SIGNUP Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by strategicdeals, Apr 14, 2015.

1. strategicdeals

strategicdeals New Member

Everything was running smoothly on a new Amember installation.

However, I had to temporarily change the installation folder name because of an incompatibility with a different shopping cart the client was using.

Now he's not using that software anymore and I have moved back to the initial folder name, also changing the .htaccess.

Everything works ok, except for new signups. The new user is correctly registered, but it doesn't get redirected to his dashboard. Instead, there's this message: "The database has encountered a problem, please try again later". Logging in, however, works fine.

The only plugin integration I'm using is with Wordpress, but I tested unplugging Wordpress to see if that was the problem and still got the same error message.

I've read several threads here describing this problem, but people that solve it only come here to state that it has been solved without sharing the solution!

I need to fix it for the client in a matter of a few hours, so can't wait for Amember "turtle" support to get back to me. That's why I started a thread and didn't open a support ticket.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

'Turtle support'?? I have always found aMember support to be excellent.

Could be a case of redirecting after signup is set to old folder but support is currently open so would suggest a support ticket and indicate problem is urgent.
  3. strategicdeals

strategicdeals New Member

I'll open a ticket, but the experience I had with it in the past was bad... I've had instances where I waited 2 days to get a response, which was a question for more details, then 24 hours for another answer. I fixed the problem before support could even understand what was going on. Also, I think this kind of problem is rather common and other Amember users could benefit from reading possible solutions on a thread like this than having to open a support ticket. It ends up being faster and more efficient for everybody.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Add this line to the bottom of /amember/htaccess file:
    SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV debug
    Or check error message description in amember CP -> Error logs. If you get error only for new signups, probably the problem is with /amember/data/ folder permissions