The Bridge is defunct?

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by schoolgirldiaries, Jul 10, 2010.

1. schoolgirldiaries

schoolgirldiaries aMember Pro Customer

Is anyone still using Amember Pro + Incremental Content Plugin + The Bridge successfully? It wasn't working for me. I'm waiting for a response from Lee, but I know a lot of people have been recommending amProtect for WP integration these days instead.

Older forum posts kind of led me in the wrong direction
  2. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

amProtect now includes the incremental content feature. It is easy to implement and comes with a widget to display links to content as it becomes available.

When you couple this with amProtect's newest feature - the ability to control menu items based on subscriptions - it is a powerful solution.

I have switched back and forth between the aMember beta plugin and amProtect. While both have similar feature sets, I am going to use amProtect. Some of the factors that drove my decision were:

• Rich Feature Set - Both solutions have similar feature sets, but amProtect has a few extra goodies
    • Excellent Documentation - The documentation available on this plug-in far exceeds industry standards. The author, Ken Gary, provides a comprehensive screencast video for each major feature.
    • Quick Developmental Response Time - Since amProtect is one of Ken Gary's major products, he can afford to put a lot of focus on it, as needed.

I do appreciate Alex's work in developing a core plug-in. He raised the bar on the feature set and IMHO amProtect is a better product because of it. There will always be some that will opt for a free solution and there will always those that prefer the added perks of a premium plug-in. Now there are choices.
  3. schoolgirldiaries

schoolgirldiaries aMember Pro Customer

Yup, I just purchased amProtect and so far I'm loving it. It was what I was looking for to begin with. If Ken happens to read this somewhere along the line, this might be useful marketing info:

The #1 reason why I didn't buy amProtect to start with (as a an amember newbie) is that there when I checked out the sales page for the plugin, it didn't pop anywhere and say: this plugin does incremental content with an easy-to use front-end in WP. I really needed that, and it wasn't obvious until I spent a lot more time on the site (after buying another plugin) that this plugin did that.

But yup, this is perfect for me. Just starting to play with it, but it seems to do everything I want right out of the box, no errors, no fumbly problems, no support tickets, lots of documentation and videos on the site, very active site (so I know the developer is around and working on it still).

Very happy now, thanks!
  4. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

::grin:: Yes, I'm having a hard time keeping my marketing up-to-date with the development I've been putting into amProtect lately.