Thank you page URL details

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by rickbraddyllc, Jun 6, 2013.

1. rickbraddyllc

rickbraddyllc New Member

Hi,

We need the AMember Pro thank you page URL to contain additional information for use by Google Analytics and some marketing automation tools we're using. In particular, we need the url to look similar to this:

https://www.site.com/amember/thanks?id=XXXXX-8085900eafe97ffff&total=495.00 (paid)

https://www.site.com/amember/thanks?id=XXXXX-8085900eafe97ffff&total=0.00 (free trial)
    So we need the URL to contain one additional parameter: the total price of the invoice, so we can differentiate between free trials of $0.00 vs. paid products.

Any suggestions on how / where to make this change?

Thanks.
    Rick
    annaj likes this.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Couldnt you get that info from within the thanks template already?

David
  3. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

I am just trying to set up an analytics goal URL but assuming that since the Thank You page is unique with the user ID in the URL, that will not work, regardless of details on the subscription. Do you know if that is right or wrong?

But yes, having data around what the actual conversion is would be very valuable. I would be interested in seeing more information on this.
  4. annaj

annaj New Member

I've tried to setup a Google Analytics Goal, by adding /amember/thanks but Google Analytics doesnt see it (despite people signing up).

Has anyone successfully setup a goal yet with the latest amember?
  5. annaj

annaj New Member

I have found the answer! So... amember returns customers from Paypal using this:

/thanks?id=555F4-55g55tg55abc5d5e

If you want Google Analytics to track it then go into Goals and under Goal Details make the Destination a "Regular Expression" (as opposed to equals, which is the default) and use:

/amember/thanks.*

As the URL. You can verify it on the page and have Google check your stats to see if it works!
  6. neehowbaby

neehowbaby New Member

rickbraddyllc's problem (and mine) still remains. That method may work when you only have one product, but the whole point of Amember is to be able to sell multiple products and memberships. Not being able to track sales across different products and recurring payments is destroying my ability to create actionable analytics data. Anyone else have any ideas?