Switching Products

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by joker, Feb 1, 2004.

1. joker

joker Guest

Hi,

We are a subscription based company that members pay monthly (on the same day of the month subscribed, not the 1st day of the month), for a membership selected during signup (can be changed later). Here is the process:

1. A client signs-up for a Free 2 weeks trial. During sign-up, he enters all his personal information, including his credit card information and selects a membership from a choice of 5, all with different monthly prices. Only after the trial period is over, the billing begins and will continue monthly (recurring billing) until the user cancels his account.

2. Later (and while the member is active), members may decide to change membership to another package and they can do this at any time but the new package will only be effective on his next monthly renewal date. The date of billing remain the same but the price will change.

At any given time, he is only subscribed to 1 product, not more.

Can aMember do this? support trial runs, track every change of membership and update the payment gateway every month (recurring billing) to charge the proper amount?

Because if it does, it will make me happy!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It will need little add-on, so when user subscribes to new product, current subscription will be terminated. If you allow us to install and configure it, it is possible, for no additional money.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

so appart from your add-on it will do the rest?

another question:
    When a member cancels his membership with us, he still has some products that belong to us (just like a library) that will need to be returned within a specified time frame (2 weeks after cancellation).
    Now if he doesn't return the products after 2 weeks from cancellation, we charge his credit card (naughty boy!). If however he returns the product before the 2 weeks (good boy) but his credit card was charged automatically due to his billing date (which occured in the meantime), then we will refund the charges.

can aMember do that? and if not, how difficult is it to implement?

And finally, we have 2 offices, located in different regions and each office has its own members (exclusively). What we plan on doing is create 2 protected folders, each containing members from each office and 5 products that are equally available to everyone. However, it is during the signup page that a member will be given access to one of the 2 folders depending on his address.

So the login is shared for everyone and the products are also the same (everyone may select whichever product he chooses, but not more than 1) but the members accounts are placed in protected folders depending on their address.

is this possible with aMember? and again, if not, is it difficult to implement?

thank you again!
  4. alex

It could be possible to implement, but it will need serioius custom work from us. Unfortunately, we don't accept such works this time. I'm sorry for being so helpless.
  5. joker

joker Guest

thanks for getting back!

so what is handled and what is not? I think you can handle the recurring billing but not the cancellation process as described correct?

At least it will give me an idea of what to expect now and what to wait for later...

and thanks again!
  6. alex

Almost every thing here is very hard to implement, it is even hard to estimate.
    I'm sorry.