Suggestion for alex...

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by draconum, Apr 2, 2004.

1. draconum

draconum Guest

Ok. I think this is a pretty good idea.
    You take amember free add on some features like:
    Paypal recurring and sutch. But not make add-on available for it.
    and just add a few things in it.
    And call it Amember Lite, Charge maybe $75.00 - $85.00 USD or so for it.
    That way people who don't have the money for amember pro could buy amember lite.
    I think it's a cool idea.

Chris
  2. horn501

horn501 Guest

Yeah i agree. I would definatly like to see an amember lite. :) good suggestion!
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

In fact, software cost basically consists of support cost. In general, necessary support amount is the same for Pro and Lite version. It is not question of available features of something else, it all depends on support amount.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

There are peoples who only write scripts and don't offer any support, may be you have heard about some :) CGI-Central is well-known as company with working support and we would not like to risk this reputation. May be I'm wrong.
  5. pilot

pilot New Member

Alex... I think you are 100% right.

The whole point of buying Amemberpro is Peace of mind for solid software and the fabulous support cgi-central offers.

Lowering Amemberpro by offering a lite version gives you less $ for support.
    I only would buy Amemberpro to make money with it, the $140 odd is not a big investment if you are serious about your venture. This is serious software.

The most important issue is how well Amemberpro works, and can I get help if things go wrong. The cost of it is secondary.

Certainly I would now worry about saving a few $ for a restricted version... I want the best chance to make my idea work, and the best software to run it.

Same goes with the server you rent. you can get cheap stuff and save a little money, but you will cry when you have spent all your time on your website to find you server has crashed again!!!

Amember Lite will be a false economy... How can you hack off $54 worth of software off the Pro version... cgi-central does'nt do second rate support so you can't save there!