Subscription start dates

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by itsrich, Jun 6, 2015.

1. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello,

I've just noticed something, I have my subscriptions set up in different renewal groups so that if a member purchases a subscription when they already have an active one in the same group, the dates will be "stacked"...

Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 00.55.20.jpg

Only problem is, if someone doesn't have a subscription for a while, when they do purchase one, it will start from the end date of their last subscription and not the new purchase date.

How do I set it up correctly so that if they already have a subscription in the same group, it will be "stacked", but if they haven't had a subscription for a while, it will start from the new payment date?

If I select both "Last expiration date in renewal group" and "Payment date", will it select the right one? I mean, if they already have a subscription in that group, will it start from that expiration date or will it start from the purchase date?

I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thank you
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

i think i know what you mean mate

i had a guy buy a membership for himself
    and next day his gf
    and week later his dad

and it shows as bottom in his profile just 1 membership and the other two classed as "future"

i changed mine to payment date, hoping that this next time will shows 1, 2 , 3 memberships at bottom
  3. itsrich

itsrich Member

Yeah

I've been testing it and I have added both "Last expiration date in renewal group" and "payment date" and so far in my tests, it is working for me.

What I have is 3 membership types which are in their respective renewal groups

V.I.P
    Plus
    Basic

If someone already has an active 1 month V.I.P membership and then they purchase another 1 month V.I.P, it will be added to the end of the first month, so effectively they have extended their current membership, which is what I want. And now, if they don't have an active membership and haven't had for a while, then it will start from the payment date. Whereas before, it was just starting from the end of their previous membership, so if that was 6months ago, it would have started from six months and would have expired 5 months ago lol

My understanding is, if they are not in the same renewal group, they can run side by side and if you have them in the same renewal group, then the dates can be "stacked" if you set it up right.
  4. itsrich

itsrich Member

Well, I have now just noticed that the "payment date" option doesn't remain in the list after I've saved it, it just goes back to being "Last expiration date in renewal group" on it's own. So it's not working now and I'm back to square one :(