Subscription customization

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by stefano_virgulti, Apr 11, 2015.

1. stefano_virgulti

stefano_virgulti New Member

My aMember subscribers receive each month a box with products inside. I want to let them change the content of this box using a form on their profile.
    There is an easy way to do that, or should I start building my own plugin?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Why not add a new tab in members area with options form.
  3. stefano_virgulti

where can I found out more about the options form? I am looking here: http://www.amember.com/docs/Main_Page but I don't see anything about it. Does it allows the customer to change options each month?
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

There is no pre constructed form.

Maybe I have totally misinterpreted your original post. I thought you was wanting, in the same place as a members profile was located, a means for members to specify what their monthly box contained.

With this in mind I thought of having a extra tab.

You would then construct your own page containing a list of goods they could choose, with checkboxes to enter their selection, and that that page would be contained in the new tab in members area.

Might be better if you were a bit more specific about what you are trying to achieve plus how you intend to keep track of the value of the goods in any given box.
  5. stefano_virgulti

Yes you got it right. The customer has a limit of 15Kg of things he can choose to put in the box. I need to give him a form for each subscription he has where he can choose how to fill those 15 Kg of weight.

I have looked at the wiki and so far the only solution I see is to build a plugin from scratch, that builds a form for each active subscription and let the customer set the content of the box to a limit of 15Kg.

Is the plugin the only way to achieve this, or there is a faster way that I don't know?

As an earlier stage it could be enough to have a textarea linked to the subscription where the customer can write what he wants in the box (the shop needs to validate the content of the box for sold out items).
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well this is possible via plugin only there is no built-in functionality that allow this.
  7. stefano_virgulti

site.php isn't powerful enough to accomplish this right? I started looking at the example module and i'm slowly building what I need. The name of the table inside db.xml must be the same of the module? What if I need more than one table to store my data?
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This is not necessary to name table as your module. And you can setup more then one table.
    Have a look to /amember/aff/db.xml for example.