Sub Users Billed Separately?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by chris_nerat, Oct 7, 2015.

1. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Is it possible to setup a group of employees to be billed individually, yet remain as sub-users of their company’s parent account?

My WordPress site is currently setup with aMember + the Sub-User plugin. The way I understand the sub-user plugin, and the way I have been using it, is that the company purchases the product (package) I have created that is associated or linked to the membership type the end user (employee) will be using. The number of seats the company purchases must be equal to the number of employees that will be enrolling. Once the package has been purchased the company navigates to their Member Area/Sub-user tab and registers all their employees. This results in the employees becoming “child accounts” of the company’s “parent account” – this has all been working fine.

However, I have a company wishing to use my course as part of their corporate wellness program and want their employee’s to be billed individually on a monthly basis. The company would then reimburse the employees at the end of the course.

Again, is it possible to do this with the sub-user plugin, and if not, is there some other way or some other plugin I can purchase to make this happen?

Thank you.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, you understand sub-users module properly.

Regarding your new use case. This user can just signup as individual user. I do not see any issue with it. Also child user is also full-featured users and they can purchase another subscription (besides subscription assigned by parent) on its own.

I recommend you to set up two signup form - one for corporate subscriber where someone can purchase batch of seats
    and another for individual where someone can purchase individual subscription. You can set up signup forms at
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Forms Editor
  3. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Hi Caesar – thanks for the reply.

I may not have explained my needs very clearly…I need a way for 50 customers (child accounts) to be billed monthly as individuals, yet be considered sub-users of their Company’s main (parent) account.

It is my understanding that the only way for a customer to become a sub-user (linked to the parent account) is for the Parent Account to sign them up. In my case, the Company does not want to purchase a package of seats, but would rather have their employees signup as individuals and be billed separately on a monthly basis. If I allow the employees to sign up as individuals they will not be a sub-user of their Company’s account.

Thank you.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

So you need to have ability that individual users can join existing company to become its subuser? Unfortunately this module has not such feature but it can be implemented as customization if necessary. Please contact us in helpdesk ( http://amember.com/support ) if you need this customization.