Student gets notification when next lesson is available?

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by getknown, Jul 17, 2013.

1. getknown

getknown aMember Pro Customer

I have a drip feed system setup where students get access to the next lesson every 6 days. However, they won't know it is available. Is there any way to have the lessons they have access to show up under "My Account" "Available Lessons".

Or is there someway to say your next available lesson is in 3 days etc?

I have 180 lessons where I have scheduled them to become available every 6 days and are available for 24 days. I think they need a notification for when a lesson becomes available.

Hope someone can help.

Kind regards,
    Marcus
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You'll need to time the email system to send out a notification along with the lesson release.

David
  3. getknown

David thanks for that tip. I thought of that however it would then negate the need for amember as I could then have then subscribe to my mailchimp for a fee. We have a nice platform setup for the timing and lesson arrangement however there is nothing to say where they are up to in our course.

I was thinking there would be a checkbox in wordpress where amember is that said notify customer when lesson is available with the link to the page.

Do you know if this can be coded?

Marcus
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can have a single page in wordpress that gives them the links when they become available. (use amember shortcodes for this) The sidebar widget will do it on its own.

David
  5. getknown

Cheers David, might need to get more specifics on this.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Dear Markus,

You can use aMember Autoresponder to send emails when content is available.
    Please go to aMember CP -> Protect Content -> E-Mail Messages

You can set same sequence of emails as you set up your content delivery.