Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) - Stripe

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by scottymac1979, Jun 12, 2019.

1. scottymac1979

scottymac1979 New Member

For the past month or so I've received a number of emails from Stripe about Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) which effect customers in the EU and sounds as though it is going to be a disaster for those running membership sites with recurring payments. More info about it is here https://stripe.com/gb/guides/strong-customer-authentication

I'm still running Amember 4.7.2 with the standard Stripe plugin as it has worked brilliantly for a few years now but having contacted stripe today they now say that 100% of my recurring payments will begin to fail from September 14th when the new regulation is in place.

Does anyone know if the latest version of Amember and Stripe plugin is equipped to deal with this issue? obviously if this is the case then I will be happy to upgrade but as a small business I need to be sure that the steps I am taking are actually going to solve the problem. I'm also wondering if anyone else is effected by this and has taken any steps as yet?

I also use Paypal and haven't heard from them regarding any issues with recurring payments, but must admit that is also a worry.

Thanks
  2. imagely

imagely aMember Pro Customer

We're wondering about the same thing. It looks like the Stripe plugin needs to be updated to use the Stripe Intents API.