Strange Joomla Problem

Discussion in 'Integration' started by andy_gre, Apr 19, 2012.

1. andy_gre

andy_gre New Member

Okay, this is a weird one. I have users register and then change their user group within Joomla if required so they have permission to post/edit articles. I have aMember set not to touch those with enhanced user groups.

User with Author permissions can log in via aMember and post articles to Joomla no problem. Works perfectly.

Same user logs in via aMember and tries to edit one of their own articles and they get error "403 - You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page"

If I re-enable the Joomla login module and login using the same user details they can edit the article without any problem.

The URL being called and the parameters passed is identical regardless of which login method they use.

Anybody experienced this and/or found a fix? I really need to get to the bottom of it as I want all user access controlled by aMember and I certainly don't want users having back-end access to Joomla. All I've found with regard to this error in Joomla relates to articles being checked out which is definitely not the case here.

For info, Joomla version 2.5.4 and 4.1.15

Stumped! :confused:
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Andy,
    I guess, some necessary variables are not set when aMember create login session for Joomla user.
    Please contact us in helpdesk and provide access info, we will check what should be done.