stop memberships at weekends on X products

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by ccwjames, Jun 26, 2016.

1. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

I see on my site, i have a few freeloaders that like to take a FREE membership on a Saturday and have no intention of buying a paid sub. After a few weeks i remove them and i see them join again ( ip logs) and take a free membership.

On a few site they have a option to block or allow products to be brought on said days

we may need a new option that says something like:

What days of the week should this product be able to be subscripted too?

Everyday
    Mon-Fri
    Weekends
    Maybe a box that allows us to tick days

I have set up that if someone picked a free package, it is checked against products and if they have ordered before its removed from the add/renew sub.

2. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

Dont take this the wrong way but you seem to have a lot of problems with your install(s). :p

I dont understand the significance of them signing up on saturday. Couldnt they just as easily sign up for free on tuesday afternoon? This is the problem with offering free trials and what not. If you dont delete them after several weeks, wouldnt this solve them from signing up again since you are already checking?

i think maybe a better approach would be to ban the use of the "+" character in email addresses which is of course how a gmail user can create essentially unlimited email addresses. this should cut down on most of the free loaders unless of course they just keep making brand new email accounts which you may have a problem stopping. One step further could be the possibility of amember not allowing disposable addresses from gmail yahoo and hotmail (and whatever else could be added by admin)
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

its nothing to do with email freeloaders as i have a code on the front page that unless you know it, or was given it, you cant spam join my site.

Nothing to do with problems with my installs, i just like to ask and bounce ideas about, as i have been using many forums and membership scripts for over 21 years.

I have users that will ONLY want and use their "FREE" membership test at weekends .
    So if they joined mon, Tuesday, wed etc they will only PICK that free test on sat/sun
    then will never log back in the site and even after 2/3 emails in a week will not return so i have a script that after 48 hours removes them.

It would be good to have in place when a set membership can be brought. TO me this is the same as when it can be used.

so a user may join Friday, go to pick free test on sat and get a message,
    "Sorry , free 24 hour memberships are not available sat or sun and only monday to friday"
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Simplest way might be a short script in site.php so that the free membership is only displayed as an option Monday to Friday
  5. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

great ideal, do you think can be done? the option i stated could be better for all users of amemeber as some could say offer part time subs or full subs ect
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Don't see why not.

You would just need a script that would display one signup form weekdays and a second form weekends.
  7. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

i think should be a on offer from amember, as i stated

say was a learning site, could do weekend memberships or part time memberships

i would like a error, so if someone picked a day membership on sat, a box or screen wold say

" sorry we do not allow day memberships on sat or sunday"