Standardized Re-bill Time of Day

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by janea, Feb 19, 2013.

1. janea

janea aMember Pro Customer

Is there a way to have all products re-bill at the same time of day? This would be for aMember v3 for right now but I am migrating to version 4.x and want to make sure this carry's over.

Thanks,
    Jim
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Jim,
    This is possible if you use ccplugins (you just need to configure cron to be executed once day on desired time) but this is impossible for plugins like PayPal) because amember have no control on refilling
  3. janea

janea aMember Pro Customer

thank you Alex, your help as always is stellar. I just wish you guys were open more hours for us lonely folks in the US. :)

Jim
  4. celina

celina Member

I am looking to do the same, but not sure what you mean here by "ccplugins." I am running ippay plugin, no setting there for when rebill should occur. but i would also prefer that it not happen at 1am, as it does now, using amember to run my cron. where is this setting?

I recently changed to have my own server run the cron job, once a day at the time that I wanted to rebill clients and send out email, and for some reason FAR fewer clients were rebilled, and far fewer were processed. Not sure how to set up cron if i'm running it on my server (should it run every hour?) and if it is going to run every hour, not sure how to control when the rebill emails are sent out.

I am also still using amember 3
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. This is really better to execute external cron more then "once a day". if you have many payments which should be rebilled, process can take a lot of time, and there is a chance that not all payments will be rebilled.
    2. Even if you execute it from your own server you should be able to set cron process to be executed from specified time(of course if you have an access to crontab). Have a look:
    http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/06/15-practical-crontab-examples/