Some users unable to progress past signup page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kenmoody, Dec 15, 2013.

1. kenmoody

kenmoody New Member

For the last two to three weeks or so I have had occasional reports from users who are not able to progress past the initial sign-up form.

They get to the sign up page

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/sec/signup

select a payment option, click Next, and nothing happens.

Some things I have been able to determine;

• This only seems to be affecting certain users, maybe 10% or so.
    • This occurs for both payment options, PayPal or Stripe
    • The affected end users try different computers, different browsers, different devices like smart phones & tablets. Those that are reporting the issue indicate none of these options work. There is the possibility that this issue is affecting some users who are unable to initially successfully process the payment, but then successfully try some other browser/pc/platform. If this is happening then I have not heard any reports.
    • Many users are still able to successfully complete transactions.
    • The affected users are geographically disparate.
    Has anyone else encountered an issue like this before? Any odeas what might be causing this?
    Thanks a ton!
    KenM
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Could they be entering disallowed characters in the username or password fields?

David
  3. kenmoody

kenmoody New Member

Thank you for the response David. They do not even make it that far, they are simply trying to navigate past the initial sign up form screen where they begin the process by selecting a payment system.
    Seen here
    https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/sec/signup

Thanks, any additional thoughts would be most welcomed.

Ken
  4. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

I have the exact same problem and support refused to admit it was an amember problem. Did you ever get this resolved?
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Strange because I have just tried to sign up but stopped when I reached the PayPal payment page. Do you have any IP addresses or countries blocked?
  6. sc0tsman

sc0tsman Member

7. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Again no problem signing up and reaching payment page.

Does anything show up in error logs- either aMember or on your hosting server? Without some clues as to what can form a common factor can only really be gained from these logs. An outsider on a forum, such as me, can only take wild guesses, not really going to help anyone.