Some paypal payments not showing as active?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by puntti, May 31, 2014.

1. puntti

puntti New Member

Hi, I've been using aMember Pro for 4 months now with very little hiccups then today I've noticed 2 of the 5 signups had been paid through Paypal but didn't come though as Active in my Dashboard, Payments were also listed as 'Never'. Yet in my Paypal it showed they certainly had made a payment and I needed to manually activate the memberships. Any idea why this would have happened?

Strange to me that 3 had worked as normal. At first I thought just a hiccup when it happened with one account, but then it also happened for a second membership.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you!
  2. puntti

puntti New Member

Worked fine for 2 days after I posted this note and now another one today didn't make the connection between a Paypal payment actually being made and then showing it as paid within aMember Pro. Any idea why this may happen from time to time?
  3. lucky_ray

lucky_ray aMember Pro Customer

I am having the same problem. Paymnents with paypal are credited correctly 90% of the time but once in a while a new user will get stuck in PENDING. I think it has to do with a delay introduced either by paypal or the internet. My work-around is to manually check everyone who pays with paypal to make sure they're not pending.
  4. webknix

webknix New Member

Hi Puntti .. did you find a solution to this? We're having the same problem .. would really appreciate it if you could provide a solution if you found one. Thank you so much!
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There are several reasons why payment is not activated automatically. If you have this issue only for few payments, the problem could be in internet connection between your hosting server and paypal.
    Also, sometimes patypal sends IPN notifications with delay so payment will be activated with delay too.
  6. roymurra

roymurra New Member

I started having the same problem about month ago now about 50% are not completing.
    Debug/Error log
    Paypal_r ERROR: IPN validation error: Cannot validate PayPal IPN post: FOPEN [www.paypal.com] results to [ ()]

3.2.4PRO
  7. alexander

There is a problem with connection between your server and paypal.com
    When aMember receives IPN message from paypal it makes request to paypal.com in order to validate IPN message.
    You get above error message when that request fails. Contact us in helpdesk we will help with test script which will show an issue to your hosting support.
  8. roymurra

roymurra New Member

seams it has to do with an expired security cert. We are self hosted and are in the process of installing new servers and will be move to the new servers in a week or so. I set Disable IPN verification off to see if this will solve the problem till we move.
  9. alexander

Yes this should fix an issue because amember won't verify IPN posts in this case, so request to paypal will not be sent.