SoftSale Module - Actual Version Check & Manual License Adding for users

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by aura_apps, Jun 8, 2016.

1. aura_apps

aura_apps New Member

Hi,

Yesterday i bought aMember license and SoftSale module for our desktop based software.

Honestly, aMember is a perfect software. It's easy to use and everything is working very well.
    and again if i must be honest, i'm not happy with SoftSale module, yes it's working as it described but there are some necessary functions.
    Ok, i will make a short list of my question.

1- i can't pull actual version of software that published. I would like to show a notification in the software when there is a updated version.

2-I will import my all clients' information into aMember's database, but i want to offer 3 months free usage of the software for that current clients. there is an handicap for me, should i add invoke one by one or mass subscription function will help me to solve this problem ? To solve this i added a billing plan that offers 3 months free subscription then $x for each month and i did mass subscription for imported users. (users that created by me for test) but is it possible to hide this billing plan for new users. or should i add license key that is valid for 3 months. i couldn't find the way to add license key manually.(not license key list, auto-generated list i must use.)

3- I also would like to download updated version by software itself(an installer). For that, of course i want to check the user via api and get a temp download link to protect installer's location.

4- Plugin/Module List ; we have also some plugins that clients can use it with software. Is there anyway to add a plugin list as we see in our aMember "My Account" page (a list of plugins that for only specific product?)

Thanks.
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I have enhanced SS to return the current version, using the latest from the 'Software Download', my modified license controller on the user side checks if the installed has ben superseded. I also have it changed so that one license key can't be spoofed to allow another app to be registered.

Doing an automated download and update is on my list but not done yet, as mine would be for php/web it wouldn't work for you anyway.

Plugins, you can require in the plugin product that the parent product has been purchased before allowing the plugin purchase.
  3. aura_apps

aura_apps New Member

thank you for your answer.

i found different ways to solve my problems but the only problem that i still can't release our software is "newest version check" before switching to aMember i already was created my own update system but for some security reasons i don't want to use it again.
    there will be any update soon for SoftSale plugin , which helps to developers who creates desktop based software ?
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Dunno what the crew have planned I will be adding auto update to my addons when I get enthusiastic.