Soft Sales

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by jigsawtrading, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jigsawtrading

jigsawtrading aMember Pro Customer

Hi

Is anyone here using the Softsale module?

I see that there have been some fixes in 4.70 for this - is anyone using it in a live environment?

I'd be interested to hear people's experiences.

I have managed to upgrade to 4.70 but I can't even see it as an option.

Cheers

Pete
  2. jigsawtrading

OK - so I purchased SoftSale - it looks straightforward enough in my testing.

The JSON requests work well.

I just think managing activations may be a pain because the only way I can see to manage activations is through an entire non-searchable list of licenses. And we have 2000 users, some with multiple licenses.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk (amember.com/support)? We will add such search for licenses.
  4. jigsawtrading

All

In the past month or so, I have been working with the aMember team on the softsale module. Partly because I didn't know how to use it but also because I felt it needed just a few minor enhancements for it to work for me.

I have a customer base of over 2000 users, which is a mix of lifetime and subscription based software licenses.

My licensing is fully automated and the system I use now (which plugs into aMember) costs me $300 a month.

The enhancements from aMember I needed were:

1 - The ability to add a license for one product (lifetime) when subscribing to another product
    2 - Better visibility of license keys when managing 1000's of users
    3 - The ability to port existing users from an existing licensing system to the new one

Number 3 is obviously necessary if you are already up & running.

The licensing system has a great feature that my existing system does not have - namely, the ability for a user to deactivate the license on 1 PC to allowing them to activate on a new PC. In my current system I have to do that manually. It also means I don't have to access 2 separate systems for licensing.

I also have the ability to control the "phone home" license validation functionality. Right now that's a black box plug in and it recently failed when the server moved - the end result all of my 2000+ customers had to upgrade. With this system, I am in control of the "phone home" functionality.

Right now, I think this is a great package and I am in the process of implementing it for my new product. Once proven, I will look at replacing the licensing for my existing products.

My products are C# and not HTML but it's simple enough to do the HTTP requests from C# for the licensing activation, de-activation and validation.

For the price - this plug in is amazing value.

Thanks to the team at aMember for adding in the functionality I needed (and that I believe others will benefit from too).

This is absolutely amazing value. If anyone needs help with this feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Pete
    zamrin, kazrog and caesar like this.
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I am also knee deep in Softsale, just sent the ability for versions to be sent back (with the license) and to collect some info. Dunno how long before it make prime time.
  6. kazrog

kazrog New Member

Looking forward to any improvements/updates to the Softsale plugin. Right now, I can't use it due to its lack of functionality.