skip signup

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by lupino, Jan 11, 2013.

1. lupino

lupino Member

With aMember 4 I can create a form that sends the customer directly to pay pal, avoiding the signup?
    in aMember 3 tell me that it was possible
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am not aware of a way to totally skip signup, but...
    • You can build a simple signup form that would only require: name, eMail, username, and password.
    • If they are offering a single product using a single payment method, you can hide those choices.
    • On the other end of the spectrum you could include many other features on the the signup form such as:
      • Full address information
      • Coupon redemption (use could be optional or required)
      • Agreement like a terms of service (TOS)
      • Newsletter signup
  3. lupino

lupino Member

Thanks for the contribution, gswaim. A blogger friend of mine showed me a sales page containing a form (made with aMember 3) that led directly to the page of pay pal, in another case, and always in a sales page, vas added a button "add to cart ", clikkandoci above takes you directly to the page pay pal, this has been realized with aMember 3.
    You may not be able to do the same thing with aMember 4?
  4. lupino

lupino Member

I forgot to say that in the cases described, the registration is made after payment. And that is exactly what I want.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can have paypal in front of amember in version 4, but it will automatically generate the username/pw for the member. You could then send them to the profile page to update this information.

David
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Here is how you can configure paypal in front of amember.
    1. Create purchase button in paypal. Set Item ID for that button to any value.
    2. Create product in amember CP -> Manage products -> Edit Product with exactly the same subscription parameters as you used for button on step 1 When you create a product, set PayPal Button Item Number to the same value which you entered for button in your paypal account.
    3. Enable amember CP -> Setup -> Paypal -> Accept Direct Payments
    4. Set IPN url in your paypal account to url which you can see in Paypal plugin readme in amember CP -> Setup -> Paypal
    5. Try to purchase using your button.
  7. vishal_bansal

vishal_bansal New Member

Hi ,
    I am in aMember development i just want a guidance on it ,
    I want to skip payment method on signup can anyone help me on it how i can do it in aMember?
  8. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

^^^^ spaming??
    simple you add a free product and price off zero