Site possibly hacked?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by alverdeja, May 30, 2013.

1. alverdeja

alverdeja New Member

To start, I have a aMember integrated WordPress Site. I was away from my computer yesterday and all day I kept receive email sent to my phone that a user was continuously logging on from different IPs(Probably about 10 different ones). This in its self was strange since I'm certain I had it set to lock users out after 4 different IP logins. When I was able to get back to my computer I quickly manually locked the user. Then I visited my site and noticed that none of my WP plugins were loading in the header, causing a lot of aesthetically problems, but even worse was the fact that aMember wasn't loading either, meaning my my members area was open to the public!

I haven't updated any plugins or my WP install for about a week, so I can't imagine that the change was caused by a plugin. I have also deactivated and reactive all of my plugins to see if it was a plugin cause error, but nothing worked. Is it possible that I was hacked? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
    Alfonso
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Alfonso,
    this is hard to say what happened without ftp access. Please contact us in helpdesk and provide ftp info, aMember CP login info, and wordpress admin login info, I will check what can be wrong.
  3. alverdeja

alverdeja New Member

I'm very sorry, I meant to get on an say that I was able to solve the problem. I had deleted a few lines of code from my header template file that I figured were unneccissary, which resulted in all of my plugins failing. I still don't honestly know why it had such an effect since the code I deleted was to enable threaded comments, and my site doesn't even allow for comments.
    Anyways, case close. Thank you for replying, however!
    I don't know exactly how to signify this thread as solved....