Simple Question: Cancelling Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by guy1, Nov 22, 2012.

1. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi guys, as bizzare as this may sound I have no idea how to cancel a subscription on behalf of a customer.

I have looked in the admin areas and cant see any way an admin can do this, so I decided just to cancel the users account instead. However this morning I find that PayPal still took a subscription from the customer's account so clearly PayPal still thinks the subscription is still live. So I cancelled it at Pay Pal now. However, it would be great if there was a way, from within the Admin, under the user or product to cancel someone's subscription.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Guy
  2. guy1

guy1 Member

Im not using amember v4 by the way/
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Thought member had to cancel subscription in their Paypal account.
  4. guy1

guy1 Member

I am surprised if that is the only way to do it. with subscription services I have experienced myself you have to cancel via the account otherwise they can still take money from your account and my bank says they can do nothing about it. Bizzare as that sounds I assumed there would be some form of control from within Amember to cancel a subscription in the account.
  5. guy1

guy1 Member

So it seems you can't cancel a clients subscription you have to just delete the account. Shame really since a client may want to switch products and would have to create a whole new account and start again. That just sounds odd.
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There is no need to delete account. Just cancel user's subscription from your paypal account and it will be disabled in aMember automatically at the end of paid period. Unfortunately this is impossible to cancel paypal subscription from amember CP.
  7. guy1

guy1 Member

Thank you Alex. OK I understand.
  8. traderscorporation

traderscorporation aMember Pro Customer

Alex, so with the newest version of Amember Paypal subscriptions cannot be cancel through amemberCP, But can paypay PRO credit card payements be canceled through amemberCP automatically?
  9. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

I am curious about this as well as I was looking for either a "Cancel my membership" link in the member area for the user.

Is there any more information on how to cancel a user membership or is canceling on the Paypal side the only answer and option?

Or is that correct - will paypal talk back to Amember to tell it to stop providing access?
  10. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

User will have cancel subscription link for paypal subscriptions as well, but this link will redirect user to paypal site and user will actually cancel subscription on paypal site.
    Then paypal will send notification to amember, and user's invoice will be marked as cancelled in amember as well.