SIgnificant problem with getting our development license extended

Discussion in 'Installation' started by brucetech3, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

Hello,
    I am sorry to be posting here, but the response I have gotten from the official help office person has been not helpful (to be mild about it). My management team is incredibly distressed with this situation and has urged me to take more steps to ensure we can do development on the AMember program.

Our AMember Pro development license ran out. So, could not do any testing. I asked for an extension. The individual who replied said he extended it. When I asked for how long, he said I should just go look on the AMember page myself to see. (Not a helpful answer)
    I did, but that information was not accurate, since we have a production license and separate development license key, and the listed date matches none of them.
    Finally after I posted back and asked again, he said that he had extended the license until March 15 2017. Which would have been approximately 30 days.
    But the development license expired on Feb 20 and we are dead in the development water - again, as of today Feb 21.
    So apparently the license was extended for only 6 days. Is that some kind of joke or trick? an extension for just 6 days?
    I have posted again to official support, asking for a much longer development extension.
    But we are so distressed about this level of support service that I am posting here in the hope that I can get someone who can truly help us out. (We = myself and the website management team)
    Please extend our development license. I would wish it to be available for at least 6 months, better one year, because we have so many things that need to be worked on and changed and improved that it is going to take a long while on our schedule.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    [Feb 21 2017 8 PM US Pacific]
    (so sorry to feel that I need to post here in order to get some resolution. please accept my apology for using the forum posting in this issue.)
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

I am afraid we do not see expiration date of your temporary license. It is possible to see only from admin interface of your development setup and only you have access to it. So we point you where you can check it. I see you have many license keys in your setup. I am afraid it is not correct. You need to leave only one - with maximum expiration date.

I suggest to setup your development environment on subdomain of licensed domain ie. dev.yourdomain.com
    and use your production license on it.

I am afraid we can not provide lifetime development license for public server but we always can extend it by request if necessary. Lifetime development license for localhost is always available in your account on amember.com.

Best Regards.
  3. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

just to close out this one.
    Got the license expiration issue cleared up. Thanks.
    (as you can tell, I was totally frustrated about the unexpected license expiring... sorry)

FYI, We signed up with Hosting service for second web space account. Because of fact that we have a bunch of directory location specific Perl scripts and many data files, having a dev space be a sub domain and a sub directories was not going to be practical to maintain within the production web account space.
    So by having an almost mirror image in a separate web space, we can keep directory names and references same for the Perl scripts, active HTML files and data files.
    And I requested and we were given new testing license for that.
    So we are all good to go on with our development.
    Thanks.
    caesar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.