Shortcode Lists of Content

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by englishfox, Sep 18, 2012.

1. englishfox

englishfox New Member

Hi everyone,

I just started using aMember today for my site which offers a new English lesson (dripped/incremental content) to users who sign up for a monthly fee.

I'd like to use a single shortcode to simply display a list of lessons available to the user, rather than having to add one shortcode for every lesson. This was possible in a previous plugin I used (for the record, aMember is much better than others I have tried!), so is it possible in aMember?

Thanks,

Daniel
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think what you are asking to do is to be able to list available content like it shows up in the members page within amember, but in wordpress?
    Not available yet, but I'll put in the request in the bug tracker. Its a good idea.

David
  3. englishfox

englishfox New Member

Exactly, so that each individual member can see the entire list of content they have available to them. This works well with incremental content, as then their list updates itself automatically, and is individual to each customer's access permissions. It would make the members' 'dashboard' page on my Wordpress site easier to maintain.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

This is a bit of a work around, but... If each piece of content is on a seperagte page, you should be able to do this (with WordPress):
    1. In the aMember Protection Settings box found towards the bottom of the page, choose " Exclude page / post link from menu" for both guest and user.
    2. Build a custom WordPress menu that contains all the content pages.
    3. Place this custom menu in a menu widget in the sidebar. Than all the content pages that the user has access to would be listed in the sidebar.
    4. You can optionally use the aMember Menu Widget to only show this menu under certain conditions.
    Give it a try and let us know how it works.
  5. davidm1

Should also be possible to use a plugin in wordpress to allow php run in the post and then pull the info from amember session info. This is what i used to do in 3.x.

David
  6. tomingles

tomingles Member

Hi David, do you know whether this is now available, or scheduled for development? This is exactly what I need too.

Thanks!
  7. davidm1

Dont remember reading that its been added yet in the release files.

David