Shopping Cart Setup

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by powerkeys, Mar 17, 2016.

1. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction here.

In testing the shopping cart feature, I can create Add to Cart buttons and links that will add a product to the cart, and I can see where a customer can view the contents of the cart and checkout.

However, there's a "continue shopping" link that goes to /amember/cart, which doesn't seem to be a working page. I mean, the page is there, but it says that no products can be found, and no product categories are included in the dropdown list, and no products may be found with a search.

How do I get products and product categories to be listed here?
    Also, how would I get the "continue shopping" link to point to a different page?

Thanks.
  2. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I think I found my answer. When I set up my categories, I created codes for each one, which means that everything was hidden from the cart page without the code.

Took me a while to find that in order to see each category, I needed to add a "?c=CATEGORYCODE" to the URL.

I'd still like to know if I could edit the Continue Shopping link.

Thanks again.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, you are right. Product categories code is reason of this issue. Do you really need it? You can leave this code empty and all products will be available.

You can alter "continue shopping" link in file
    amember/application/cart/views/cart/basket.phtml