Shopping cart buttons not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mickmeaney, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mickmeaney

mickmeaney New Member

2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I checked your site and cart button works for me. What is browser you use?
  3. mickmeaney

mickmeaney New Member

Thanks for checking. I'm using Chrome, Firefox and IE..

When I hit the 'CLICK HERE TO BUY' link, nothing happens.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, your button just add product to cart. You can then open cart page and see it. You can choose any other action (Add to Basket only, Add & Go to Basket, Add & Checkout). You can generate new code for your button at aMember CP -> Shopping Cart -> Generate Button HTML
  5. strategicdeals

strategicdeals New Member

I'm having the same problem with "add to cart" working, but so "subtly" that the client doesn't realize the product was correctly added to cart and clicking on it multiple times (because they think it didn't work). I know I can create individual buttons/links with specific actions, but how can I get the whole shopping cart to behave differently?
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What do you need to happen when user click on Add to Cart button?
    Do you want to show popup?
  7. strategicdeals

strategicdeals New Member

A popup would be good, anything that indicates to the client that the product was indeed added to the cart. As it is now, the client may not notice "something actually happened" since there's no indication but the small cart widget updating on the sidebar.
  8. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

A text notification would be great. I've seen this in other carts such as WooCommerce and Magento. Maybe it could be a snippet that could be inserted anywhere on page (styled with css, etc).

When user adds product to cart, the notification shows up (maybe under cart button) and states "Your product has been added. Keep shopping or checkout (link to checkout)."

If this was in an aMember plugin, I'd buy it in a flash.

Another thing that would be great is a quantity box, auto prefilled with "1"

This way, if you are selling products which allow multiple quantities, user could change quantity number.