Setting up membership structure (products)

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by puddlesofpaint, May 9, 2014.

1. puddlesofpaint

puddlesofpaint New Member

Hi,

I have a membership Club that works as follows:
    1. Someone purchases a 1-year club membership.
    2. Member gets access to the Club House (the website content).
    3. Member also gets access to the project archive housing monthly project files (containing pdf, wmv, flv, html).
    4. If member renews the next year, he should still have access to last year's project archive plus the new year's archive. And so on, every year they are an active member they should always have access to the Club House and all archives to date.
    5. If new person comes in next year and purchases a 1-year membership, they should get the Club House and all project archives from the date of their membership going forward, but NOT get the previous archives.
    Can anyone tell me how to set this up in amember? Each time I think I have it figured out, it doesn't seem to work right for the Club structure mentioned above.
    I have just one product - the Club. I have the archives protected as folders currently associated with the Club product. It works fine for people who sign up right now - they get this current archive. But when someone new buys the Club product in a few months, they, too, will get access to the past projects as well.
    Thanks.
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Protect Content > Files > Click edit record for your Club House membership item.

Access Permissions drop down menu. Add additional items members will have access to. Click save.