Set x number of visits to protected folder (instead of time-based subscriptions)

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by tsabar, Mar 11, 2005.

?

Would you like to see a # of visits-based restriction on amember products?

1. Yes, I could definitely use that.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I don't see the point.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Would I like to see a what???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tsabar

tsabar Guest

I'm hoping someone else had a similar problem and came up with a solution. The amember subscriptions are time-based, which means you can set access for 2 days, 1 month, etc.

But what if I need a way to configure amember to allow a buyer to access a protected folder only a certain number of times? Kind of like one-time purchase add-ons, a solution would allow a buyer to access a page only once, and if they wanted to access again, they would need to buy again. Currently the minimum time on amember is 1 day, which means a buyer could access a protected page as often as he wants within that one day.

I asked Alex, and unfortunately amember can't be configured otherwise, so I am hoping someone out there came up with or has a solution. Maybe adding a field to the amember user database which sets to 1 when they make a purchase so they can access the page and then back to 0 when they actually visit the page? Maybe something with IPN?

Any ideas would be appreciated!
    Ohad