Set up protection in Wordpress - user can't see protected content

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by tamitaylor, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I feel like I missed a step or something because I set up a post and set the protection, its not viewable by any users but admin.

Here it shows on the far right where I do have it protected for users who purchased "get inspired by words"

[​IMG]

And here is what the page looks like when my testuser logs in to see the page
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank,
    Tami
  2. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Added note: I have protection set on both the post and the category. I did this incase any of my authors forgot to set the protection on individual posts but I dont think this is causing the issue where the user isn't seeing content they should.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Hummm....

I can think 2 possible things

Check Product Start Date
    1. From the aMember CP click on "Products"
    2. Click on "Manage Products"
    3. Click ont he Edit icon of the product
    4. Look at the Start Date Calculation. By default there are two conditions as follows. Make sure "Fixed Date" is not one of the conditions (specifically a fixed date in the future).
      1. Last exsisting subacription date of this product
      2. Payment date
    Check Product From - To Dates
    1. From the aMember CP click on "Users"
    2. Click on "Browse Users"
    3. Clck on the edit icon of your test user
    4. Click on "Payments" button
    5. Check that the "From and "To" dates are valid. When a person signs up for a product the dates are entered automatically, but if you manually add a product to a user you are prompted to put in the dates (a chance for error).
  4. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Thanks.

my product is set for payment date only.
    My user is set for today until 12/31/2021

my products are lifetime. However, some of the posts are going to be dated for prior to when a person registers for the product. For instance this particular product is a self-paced class that is a blog post dated 11/01/2011. When I tested a user they couldn't see that blog post, but they could see the blog post I did today so I dont know if there was a glitch with that post or if there is something I could have done, or something I did - clueless.

I deleted and reposted the post and now it's viewable - haven't a clue why :( but I'll take it.

Thanks so much to you & Alex you guys are wonderful.
  5. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The date a WordPress post/page was published wouldn't have anything to do with the aMember side.
    Yep, Sound like you were doing everything right. Glad it worked out.
    Thanks for the encouraging words.
  6. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I was wrong it's not fixed. Now users can see ALL the content regardless of protection.

I set the protection on the wordpress side as it shows above. What am I suppose to be doing on the amember side?

Thanks in advance.
  7. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

--deleted by tamitaylor--
  8. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Ignore the above 2 posts ...