Set the start date of subscription?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by oliver94, Sep 16, 2012.

1. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Hello everyone, I was wondering they got the subscription start date setup correctly because I can't seem to do it right.

Currently in creating/editing the product, I set the duration to 2006-02-28 (for example) along with "Exact Date (yyyy-mm-dd)" in the dropdown box. The same is set in the "Fix Subscription Start Date"

Now when I add this subscription manually to the user, I keep getting the start date as today HOWEVER the end date is 2006-02-28 as planned.

I know it's an easy step to simply change the date in the dropdown, but is there no way to set both the start and end date instead of using today's date? I suspect I should do something about the renewal group maybe? Since that likes to set it to the current date too

Thank you.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

You shouldn't try to set both a start and end date. Set a start date and a duration, the end date will be calculated from that.

By default the start date is set to:
    • Payment Date: This mean the membership starts as soon at the payment is successfully processed.
    • Last existing subscription date of this product: This condition is just in case a person bought a subscription that they already owned. If this were to happen, the new period would not start on the payment date (have overlapping subscriptions), but when the original subscription ran out.
    You can delete these two conditions and choose: "Fixed Date" if you want the subscription to start on a specific date. This is typically used in the delivery of online classes where you want everybody to start on the same day.

Hope this helps.