Session Retention

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kenmoody, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kenmoody

kenmoody New Member

So I've tried a number of different searches in the forum in an attempt to find an answer for this issue and I'm probably just not using the correct search terms, so my up front apologies for a likely duplicate post.

My site is running wordpress 4.6 at dynastyleaguefootball.com

What I am looking to accomplish seems simple. My site actually used to behave this way but somewhere in recent wordpress/theme/plugin updates, this behavior was lost and it is driving my readers crazy. I would like the user login session credentials stored from session to session. So when a user logs in, view various pages an then closes the browser, the session is closed. When the user reopens my site, they have to log in all over again. Even if ti's as simple as clicking a link which redirects them to the amember/login page, where their session is recognized and they are immediately redirected back to the original page they were viewing, that's an extra step that didn't have to happen before. What I would like to have happen, and what was happening up until about a month ago, when a reader visits any amember protected page, their session is recognized and persisted without having to funnel through the amember/login page.

Is there some php code which can be added to my page headers to make this happen? I see it happening on other amember protected wordpress sites, and it used to behave that way on my site. I just have no idea how to make it work that way again.

Thanks!

KM
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

admin-setup/loginpage ??

User Session Lifetime (minutes) ?
    default - 120