session info

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by novon1, Jul 19, 2004.

1. novon1

novon1 Guest

I was wondering how aMember handles passing of session info. Does it pass passwords and login information with the session info as well? Is this secure?

Thanks
  2. erikcw

erikcw New Member

I too am curious about how the sessions are handled. Can anyone list which session variables are carried from page to page. I would like to integrate some of the data into my other applications. (example, pass the user id in a session cookie so that I can query the db and pull out the users first name...)

Any ideas?
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, aMember passes all user information via session and it is secure.

You can use any session information from aMember on your pages.
  4. alanpeto

alanpeto New Member

I tried doing that (adding member information on a php page) by following these directions:

2. Adding Member Information to PHP Pages
    If you are using PHP pages on your site, you can also add member information to additional pages. In this case you are using session information to add the data, it will only appear when a member is logged in.
    To add a welcome message use the following code:

PHP:
     <?   

session_start();  

print "Welcome, " . $_SESSION['_amember_user']['name_f'] . " " . $_SESSION['_amember_user']['name_l'];  

?>  

Again, added fields must be used as  

$_SESSION['_amember_user']['data']['phone']  

However I get his error message:

PHP:
    Warningsession_start(): Cannot send session cookie headers already sent by (output started at /home/navcopsc/public_html/members/index.php:9in /home/navcopsc/public_html/members/index.php on line 123

Warning
    session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter headers already sent (output started at /home/navcopsc/public_html/members/index.php:9in /home/navcopsc/public_html/members/index.php on line 123
  5. alex

add this line:

<?php session_start(); ?>

as first line of your index.php
  6. kobisrael

kobisrael New Member

I keep on getting the next message, any one can advise?

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/kobi-isr/public_html/newsite/sample7-MEMBERS.php:5) in /home/kobi-isr/public_html/newsite/sample7-MEMBERS.php on line 223
  7. alex

It is said above: FIRST LINE of your file!
    Have a look.