Sequential Upgrade

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by pepacobos, Oct 6, 2015.

1. pepacobos

pepacobos aMember Pro Customer

Hi, I am trying to find a solution for my courses. I offer an eight week course and each week a new lesson is delivered. Once someone finishes the courses he can access the content for lifetime.
    I need to protect the content and make those 8 lessons available for old students.
    Once I open the enroll process for new students I need to add those new users to a new lesson every week till they finish the 8 lessons. They will start the same day at the same time. I am thinking about the best approach to have this.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you want all new user start course in same date?

You can use 'Start Date Calculation' setting to achieve it. You can find it in product settings in section 'Product Availability'. You need choose only one option here - Fixed date and set it to date when you plan to start course.

Then set up protection for your lessons to delivery it each week eg.
    - First Lesson from start to lifetime
    - Second Lesson from 7day to lifitemee
    etc.

Can it work for your use case?
  3. pepacobos

Yes, it definitely should work for me. But what about the members that already have access to that page? I want them to be able to login. If I put a start date, would it affect all users, existing and future? Or only future? Thanks!!
  4. caesar

Yes, it affect only new subscribers.
  5. pepacobos

Thanks caesar! One last thing. I have set start fixed date for the course but then I'm lost.

I have created one product per new lesson (should I do that?) but can't find where to set up protection for those lessons. I am using Wordpress integration, is that relevant?

Where are the options to choose from -th day to.....?

Thanks again
  6. caesar