seperate subscribers into special groups

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by sierraworld, May 3, 2004.

1. sierraworld

sierraworld Guest

This is such a great program I would like to use it to manage not just the free subscribers but also paying supporters, contributing members, authors and everyone else who supports this educational website.

In my case everyone gets a free subsciption, but I need to sort the subscribers in different ways that is transparent to the subscriber. How can I seperate subscribers into special groups and not have those groups display in the membership infomation area and still be able to manage and search those groups?

Also:
    Does aMember integrate with any shopping carts?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can create several free "products" - subscription types. Then it will be easier to manage.
    Or you can add a custom field named "Subscriber Type".

aMember has integration module for X-Cart.
  3. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

What does x-cart integration mean? Does this infer that with x-cart you can sell physical items and memberships via the same cart? Plkease tell me more.
    Tom
  4. sierraworld

sierraworld Guest

Alex, I did add a special field to sort by but I see that I can not use this to email to the group. Creating a "free" product would work if it did not display in the member information area but was hidden from the member somehow.
    Can that be done?
  5. alex

No, it only allows to share members database between amember and x-cart. it is not full integration!
  6. alex

You can easily hide it from member. Just remove these items from amember/member.html
  7. alex

You can easily hide it from member. Just remove these items from amember/templates/member.html
  8. nik

nik New Member

9. alex

We don't want to add it to the list to avoid misunderstanding of purpose of this plugin. You may contact support@cgi-central.net if you want to purchase it or ask something about.