Seperate Email for Automatic Rebilling Customers

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by gsfriend, Nov 10, 2015.

1. gsfriend

gsfriend New Member

My aMember site (v4.7) is running into a LOT of issues thanks to the ability for my members to have their annual subscription automatically renew. The renewals work fine, however my customers are forgetting that they have automatic renewals, which means they end up with duplicate subscriptions that they don't need.

I know I can prevent clients from having multiple subscriptions to the same product, but there are plenty of circumstances when they NEED to have multiple subscriptions, so that isn't an option. What I really need to know how to do is prevent my standard expiration emails from being sent to clients who have selected an automatic rebilling payment plan. Those clients that are on auto rebill plans should get a different email X number of days before their auto renewal happens that gives their subscription info, date of renewal, etc. without them getting the expiration email at all.

My products are configured so that there is one product each for 1 year, 2 year and 3 year renewals. Then each of those products has a manual billing plan and an auto rebill plan inside of it. I've yet to find a way to make it do what I want the way my system is setup. Attached is a screenshot of what I would like the email that should go out to auto rebill customers should look like - which came to me recently from RoboForm.

Any help please? Alex?

Attached Files:

2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately right now you can do it only the following way: Set up two different products: one recurring and another not-recurring and then configured expiration email based on product to send different messages to recurring and not-recurring subscriptions.
  3. gsfriend

gsfriend New Member

That's exactly what I was afraid you were going to say. I previously had it setup like that and it proved to be a nightmare. I switched to what I thought was a simplified billing setup, and ever since then the expiration emails are insane (sending out expiration notices even if customers are setup to auto rebill, customers adding new subscriptions based on those expiration emails, etc.) and now I've got a ton of products in my site, half used and half not, but I can't remove them because some clients are still subscribed to them. I run a very tight ship and clean database, so you can imagine why this makes me insane.

Is there any plan to add that ability, or to stop aMember from sending expiration emails to those with recurring billing plans?
  4. caesar

Yes, we have such plan. Such feature will be included to next release. Also in next release you will be able to specify anther email that aMember will send several days in advance of recurring payment.

BTW in latest version you can move products to archive. aMember remove archived products from all lists but these products continue to work if someone of your users has active subscriptions to it.
  5. gsfriend

gsfriend New Member

Awesome, that is exactly what I was hoping for - thanks so much!

As for archiving, I remember seeing that at some point, but for the life of me I haven't been able to find out where to archive them after I saw it that first time. Any chance you could point me in the right direction for where I can find the ability to archive old products? I've got them disabled, but not archived yet.
  6. caesar

Do you use 4.7.0? In this case just click delete button. aMember will move product to archive.