sending text only emails

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dale_sellers, Nov 20, 2014.

1. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

Because so many email providers mess up html emails these days, we want to only sent text only emails on all emails, throughout our installation of aMember - autorresponders, email blasts, renewal emails, etc.

I realize the place holders are not visible in the editor when creating text emails, but I don't mind. I can make a list of the ones I use, and copy and paste as needed.

Is there a setting somewhere to enable text only emails globally? I've been looking and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks for any guidance with this.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

There is not such option but all default email templates is plain text. By the way you can find drop down with placeholder below your message.
  3. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

I think I was misunderstanding how the email system works. After more testing, it appears that I can choose which format email is sent (html, text), for example, when I create an autoresponder. I thought it was a system that sniffed out what version the user could accept, and then gave them one of the formats, but it doesn't look this is the case (which is good for me).

Only issue now is that when I send text email, no matter how many line breaks I insert (by clicking enter), the delivered email has no lines - it's all bunched up together, into one big paragraph.

Is there a trick to creating separate paragraphs in the text only emails? Thanks for any suggestions.