Sell Digital Content via Wordpress? Protect Files

Discussion in 'Integration' started by fishnyc22, Aug 28, 2009.

1. fishnyc22

fishnyc22 New Member

My client currently has a wordpress blog running and within it (or maybe not within wordpress) they would like to sell digital content.

They will have webinars, PDFs, Videos, and other forms of content for sale on their site. They will also offer different prices for members vis non-members which I know amember can handle. Not all pages of wordpress need to be protected

We are looking for a way for users to pay for products while protecting the digital content from being downloaded without being paid for.

I'm not sure if the wordpress plugin is even necessary for this or if we can just use amember on its own and link from wordpress to the amember pages.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can do it with amember on its own, using download links in the members page. You would protect the downloads with amember.

David
  3. fishnyc22

fishnyc22 New Member

Thanks for the reply David,

What protection method would you suggest using for protecting the content (pdfs, videos, etc?)

Would I use htpasswd or are there other less obtrusive ways of doing it that protects the digital assets with a password without having the browsers popup login box displayed?

thx
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

use new rewrite protection.

David
  5. akanowicz

akanowicz New Member

This is something we're interested in doing as well. Can you be more explicit in your answer or perhaps direct me to where I can find this on the help wiki?