Seeking More Info On "download Plug-in"

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by gswaim, Dec 31, 2003.

1. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I would like to know more about the "Download" plug-in. I see it listed in the feature list and on the order form, but there is little information on the site about its features...

I will be using aMember Pro to control access (subscriptions) to online automotive training. In most cases, a customer will be buying 30 day access to the different online courses.

I also want to provide for them access to a final certification exam for each course they subscribe to. They will have only one attempt to take the test. It looks like I could use the "download" plug-in to limit access to the on-line test to one attempt. If they wanted to take the test again they could have to purchase another "download".

The question I have is... would this plug-in work OK with a URL that points to an HTML page instead of a downloadable file.

What are the other features of this plug-in... Is it fixed on one "download", or can you set it to more than one. How is the customer notified of the special download link... by email?

Thanks in advance for your help on this!

NG Swaim
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

No, "one-time download" plugin is not suitable for html files. However, if you can convert your files to php (basically, you only need to change file extenstion), we can do script modification for you for the same fee.
    I just sent you payment link to pay for this modification. It will be done within 4 days (sorry, holidays ;)

No, with "one-time download" plugin user will see link on membership info page (/amember/member.php)